Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Checking In!

I started my blog in August 2013.  Since it's been a little over a year I thought I'd check in with myself and see how I'm doing.  So how am I doing?  I'm fantastic!  I am in love with my life!

When I started this journey, I thought the goal was to find someone to complete me.  I thought I needed to find the person who was going to make me happy and love me and cherish me and respect me and..................well, you get the idea.  I was so busy trying to find that person that I didn't slow down and give God a chance.  I re-read my first blog and I said that God will never take something away from you without replacing it with something better, which He won't.  My problem was, I
didn't want to wait for God.  I mean really, did I think I could do a better job than God?

So much has happened during the year since my first blog.  I've had many changes.  I have a sweet, beautiful new granddaughter, who joins my beautiful Jadyn.  Most of the changes have been changes I have made in myself.  I've said goodbye to some friends I met earlier in the year, which is always hard, but sometimes necessary.  But the great God that I know gave me awesome new friends in their place!  I have met so many wonderful people that I am so proud to call my friends!  I am so blessed!  If you are reading this, then yes, I am talking about you!


I have dated a couple of guys this past year, very short term.  Did I say, very short term?  The biggest change I made in myself was my outlook on dating.  I was so busy looking for someone myself, that I left God out of it.  What I have finally, finally figured out is to STOP and GET OUT OF GOD'S WAY!  I am promised someone, way, way better than was taken
away. (By the way, that ended up being the biggest blessing of my life!)

I always told my children and now I tell my grandchildren that "a promise is a promise!"  So what am I worried about?  NOTHING!  Absolutely nothing!  And that's the best part.  It has made going out with my friends and living my life so much fun!  No pressure, just fun and I couldn't be happier!  I am very happy to wait on God now.  He will put the right guy in my life at the right time.  Not only that, I'm sure He will let me know it's the right guy!  Yea God!


So what have I been up to?  Well, I just went to my 40th Fletcher High School Pre-Party Celebration and Reunion!  Go Fletcher!  It was wonderful!  It was perfect!  I made great memories!  I loved it!

October is going to be a very busy and exciting month for me.  I can hardly wait, though I don't want to rush my life away!  

I'm going to my first ever Florida State football game!  I know, I know!  I can hear all my gator friends now (chomp, chomp, chomp).  I am so very excited about it!

I am also going on my first vacation in almost 8 years!  I am going to Gatlinburg, Tennessee!  I get to stay in the most beautiful "cabin" I could imagine!  I get to see the leaves change!  That is my next favorite place to be (the mountains in the fall) besides my beautiful ocean!


To sum it all up, I have the most wonderful life!  I get up every morning feeling so thankful and so blessed.  I look in the mirror and I love the person looking back at me.  I do!  I love her!  I never imagined I'd ever be able to say that.  My life is overflowing with wonderful friends, old and new, and wonderful family that I love so much.  I am making so many wonderful memories I can barely contain myself!  I am so excited to be allowed to live my life!  I cannot wait to see all that God has in store for me!  Woohoo!

Life Is Good!





No comments:

Post a Comment