Sunday, October 26, 2014

What Do You Think?

Do you know that what you think about your self is what you are?  Now hear me out!  Think about that for a moment!  It's huge!  So what do you think about yourself?

I know what I thought about myself for most of my life.  Let me give you a peek inside my mind for the prior 50+ years of my life.  Most of my life, even as a child, I thought I was worthless.  Even if I try to put that thought in perspective, in the mind of a small child that didn't know any better, that's very, very sad:(  Wow!  How many children do we come in contact with during our lives and have no idea that they think they are worthless?  Worthless is an awful place to be.

I have spent a huge part of my life working within the education field and working with countless teachers and being a very small part of children's lives.  I know many, many wonderful teachers!  I know so many teachers that have put in so many countless hours working hard to make the lives of their students better.  I know many teachers that have devoted their entire life to bettering children.  They are wonderful people.  That's just a small shout out to all my teacher friends that I know and love!  I'm just thinking how I had the opportunity to make a child feel better about themselves, and I probably fell short.  At the time, I didn't realize that some of the most difficult children or the shyest children are probably the children I needed to love the most.

Right now, I'm wondering, how many of the people I have ever known, whether as a child or an adult, knew that I thought I was worthless?  I'm just guessing, but probably no one.  I was very good at hiding it and very good at making people think otherwise.  It's something most of us probably keep buried very deep inside.  I know I did.  Really, how many people that you have ever met, would you want to know you thought you had no value?  Value is everything!

As an adult, most of my life, I thought I was worthless.  Deep down inside, no matter how hard I tried, or how great a mother and a wife I was, and I was very good at both of those, I felt worthless.  What happens when you do your very best and you still feel like you fall so far short of the mark you have set for yourself?  Then what?  What if the people that are so very important in your life make you feel like you are so unimportant?  What then?

Well, this is what!  Until recently, I spent much time, an awful lot of time trying to figure out how to make myself worth something.  That is, in my mind.  What have I figured out?  I figured out that the most important person who thought I was worthless, was ME!  What I have found is that my mind, the mind I thought I controlled, really controls me!  I've figured
out that the thoughts I think every second of every day, make me who I am.

Now hold on!  If that's true, and it is, what if I change what I think?  What if the thoughts I now allow my mind to think, say I'm AWESOME?  That is a life changer!  It is!  Think of the possibilities!

If every thought you think about yourself is how wonderful you are, how can you be anything but wonderful!  Take it a step further.  What if every thought you have is about how healthy you are?  How about how financially set you are?  How blessed you are?  How at peace you are?  How much you are loved?  Woohoo!  I can hardly contain myself at the prospect!

This is what I've been practicing and I invite you to do the same.  It will change your life!  It has changed mine!  I want you to know just how powerful your thoughts are about who you are!  I want you to love yourself!  That's what I want for you!

Please take a few minutes to be really honest with yourself.  It's not easy, that I know.  Think about what thoughts you say to yourself.  Think about how you really feel about yourself.  Think about all the things you think that you would not share with anyone else.  Believe me,  you haven't thought anything about yourself that I haven't thought about myself!  This is where you get to change everything!  This is where you get to empower yourself.  This is where you set yourself free!  Oh, I like that!  I really do! I hope you like it too!!!!  Set yourself free!  Change your thoughts and you change your world!
I Am Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment