Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Saying Goodbye

There are so many ways we have to say goodbye. Some are temporary and some are permanent.  Goodbyes can be happy or they can be unbelievably sad.

When someone you love comes to visit, whether it's family or  friends, when it's time for them to leave, it's tough to say goodbye.  Of course you know that goodbye is temporary, but you still get that aching in your heart.   When someone you love dies, that's a permanent goodbye that's very hard to accept.  It takes a long time to get over that goodbye. You leave a job for a new one or you retire and you have to say goodbye to friends that have become like a second family to you.  That's hard, but you have the opportunity to keep in touch. You also get to start a new chapter in your life.  Beginning new chapters is what life is all about.  Nothing ever stays the same forever.

I had to say goodbye recently.   For those of you who follow my blog, (And I thank every one of
you!), a few blogs ago I decided that it was time to put my heart back in the game of love!   When I figured out that in the heart is where love lives, I had no choice.  How else am I ever going to find the love of my life?  I knew it was risky.  I knew I was going to be taking chances, but to find love, my guy, I knew I had to risk my heart.

A few weeks ago,  I met a great guy.  I was hoping that he was my guy.  After all, I put my heart back in the game, right?  God promised me He would protect my heart.  I was set. I was ready.  How could this fail?  So what happened?  He was not my guy.  I had a wonderful time though.  I got to experience so many things I had never done, food I had never tried, and places I have never been.  That said, it was sad  to realize that he was not my guy.  I have to tell you that I had the opportunity to make the most wonderful memories!   I get to use these awesome memories to start replacing a lifetime of memories I would certainly rather forget!  Wow!  How blessed am I?

The hard part was having to accept that as great a guy as he was, he was not my guy.  You see, if I haven't learned anything else, I've learned that I have expectations for my guy that I cannot comprise on.  I have things that I need.  My guy is going to fulfill all of those and more!  I know that!  It is God's promise to me.  That I do not doubt!

So right now I'm going to take some time to regroup.  I'm going to give myself a break.  I'm not going to think too much.  I'm just going to enjoy the adventure that I've been on!  I'm going to rejoice in the fact that I was brave enough to give love a shot!  And brave enough to say goodbye when I realized I needed to!  This is such a huge breakthrough for me! 

I'm going to eventually pick myself up, dust myself off, pray a lot and get back out there in the game of love!  After all, my guy is out there waiting on me to be brave enough to try again!  I can't let him down now can I?

My Heart Will Find A Home!


No comments:

Post a Comment